Forest School is a wonderful way of learning outdoors that helps our children develop personal, social and technical skills in a woodland setting. Being in Culford Park means that in Culford Pre-Prep & Nursery we can run Forest School sessions whenever we chose.
What does Forest School offer?
Forest School gives children the opportunity to cover a wider range of topics from our curriculum – from mathematics and nature to team-building and problem solving – in an alternative environment which has been proven to facilitate learning.
Culford’s Forest School sessions offer children a range of benefits, including:
- Allowing them to take responsibility for their own learning and development. The Forest School ethos encourages child-led learning and learning through play
- Support for the Early Years Foundation Stage areas of learning and the six key skills of the primary national curriculum
- Aids individual learning and development
- Encourages emotional growth, self-esteem, confidence and independence by giving children the time and space to be themselves and engage with other children in a safe and caring environment
- Emboldens children to take manageable risks in safety while stimulating their natural curiosity
Put simply, Culford Pre-Prep & Nursery Forest School sessions are a great way for children to learn, build their confidence and have fun.
What do children do in Forest School?
Lots of exciting and educational things, a typical Forest School session includes:
- Den building
- Knot tying
- Willow patterns
- Natural sculptures
- Creating woodland friends
Find Out More About Culford Pre-Prep & Nursery
If you’d like to know more about Culford Pre Prep & Nursery then please contact our Admissions Team on Bury St Edmunds (01284) 385308 or email them by clicking here. They will be able to give you all the information you need and will be happy to arrange a visit for you.