Culford now provides the opportunity to combine an excellent education up to A Level with a tailored performance scholarship or development swimming programme. The programme is open to all Culford pupils aged between 11-18. Suitable candidates may be considered for a Swimming Scholarship if they are of Regional or National standard and suitable for the award. Scholarships are worth up to 25% of tuition fees.
Culford School has an excellent partnership with West Suffolk Swimming Club (WSSC), a national standard club that provides an outstanding pathway for our competitive swimmers and coaching of the highest standard. The Club has a dedicated and highly qualified team of coaches who help Culford swimmers to integrate into appropriate training sessions, and to improve their stroke and stamina in preparation for competition.
About High Performance Swimming at Culford
Successful candidates will receive a year round training programme which will include:
- Squad sessions with Club Performance Coaches, under the direction of the Head Coach
- Fitness programme
- Participation in a full competitive club gala programme
- Participation in the school’s termly swimming fixtures.
- Technical sessions including underwater video analysis
Application for a Swimming Scholarship
Candidates are required to:
- Achieve a satisfactory performance in the School entrance examinations
- Attend an individual or group assessment with the swimming coaches
- Complete an application form detailing: honours, awards and achievements; county, regional and national teams and associated rankings; targets and intended goals; plus any other supporting information.
This information must be endorsed by the applicant’s current school Head, and the Head of Sport at the applicant’s current school or specialist coach.
Culford’s Assistant Head would be happy to have an initial discussion about the High Performance Swimming Programme or answer any queries you may have about Scholarships at Culford School. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call 01284 385308.
For details of examination dates, please click here to view the key dates for entry.